Dam of Beris at Six, Kedah
Dam of Gubir...the best location for explore.
shooting location at Baling
~Intro of Baling, Kedah~
- Baling is a major town in the northern state of Kedah in Malaysia.
- It is also the name of a district in which Baling town is situated.
- It is an hour's drive away from Betong, the southernmost town in Thailand.
- Baling is well known for its beautiful waterfalls including Lata Bayu, Lata Celak and Bukit Hijau.
- It is also known for its local fruits, especially the durian, dokong and langsat.
- The name Baling can be traced to a series of events detailed in the story of Raja Bersiong (The Fanged King), a popular legend of Kedah, recorded in the Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa. Raja Bersiong was a ruthless vampire-like king with a taste for human blood who preyed on his subjects. His subjects finally rose against him and burned down the palace. When the fanged king fled his palace at the Old Kedah capital in Lembah Bujang, he fled to a place named Merbau and began removing his fangs by twisting them by hand. As a result of the twisting act, Merbau was renamed as Merbau Pulas where pulas in Malay means twisting. After the king had successfully removed both his fangs, he threw them away to a faraway place, and the place believed to be the site where the fangs landed was named as Baling, which means throw away in Malay.
- The towns that Baling has are Kuala Ketil, Parit Panjang, Tawar, Kuala Pegang, Kupang, Baling, Kg Lalang and Kota Baling Jaya Batu 42.
- One of the small towns in Baling is Parit Panjang. Parit Panjang is situated at the junction of four main roads. The roads are from Kuala Ketil (i.e from Kulim and Sungai Petani), from Batu Lima, (i.e from Gurun andAlor Setar),and from Baling Town via Asam Jawa and from Baling via Kuala Pegang. Parit Panjang situated 13km from Kuala Ketil and 25km fromSungai Petani.
- There are six villages in Parit Panjang. The villages are Kg Banggol Berangan, Kg Sungai Tembak, Kg Carok Bakap, Kg Bukit Endoi, Kg Tandop Pisang and Kg Lanai.
- In Kampung Pisang, Kupang, there is a religious Islamic school, Sekolah Menengah Agama Yayasan Khairiah. Yayasan Khairiah is one of the biggest religious school in Baling. Now it has about 1700 students coming from all over Malaysia.